This commitment is intended to provide a framework for anti-racism and anti-oppression at PAVRO. PAVRO condemns the systemic racism that Black people, Indigenous Peoples, and members of other racialized groups experience and the systemic oppression experienced by members of equity-seeking groups, including 2SLGBTQ+ people and people living with disabilities.
PAVRO commits to actively working towards a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive organization. We recognize that diversity includes but is not limited to: gender identity, race, religion, culture, ethnicity, skills and experience, income, sexual orientation, ability, age, nationality, language.
PAVRO believes in the benefits diversity brings and recognizes that diversity of thought contributes to the performance of a strong organization.
We recognize this statement is just a start and that we must put our commitment into action. Here is what we are doing to make PAVRO a more inclusive and equitable organization:
● We are reviewing the language and images we share to ensure that it is inclusive, non-discriminatory, and signifies community building and belonging.
● We are committed to incorporating anti-racism, anti-oppression, and allyship education into PAVRO Board orientation.
● We are actively incorporating diversity and inclusion practices into recruitment for PAVRO volunteer roles, including PAVRO Board roles.
● We will offer more learning resources on equity, diversity, and inclusion to PAVRO members and the leaders of volunteers in Ontario.
● We will offer resources on how to access support with members who have been affected by racism and oppression in all forms, including microaggressions.
● We will report on our progress towards the above actions annually, starting Spring 2022.
This commitment is a living document that will be updated as we learn and grow. We acknowledge that we still have work to do and welcome your feedback so we can strengthen how we communicate and action this commitment. Thank you.