One of PAVRO’s strategic goals is to provide and facilitate professional development opportunities for our members through bursaries. Bursaries are awarded every year to successful applicants who wish to attend the annual conference.
Two Day Conference Bursaries
The bursaries cover the cost of conference registration only. Transportation and accommodation costs will be the recipient’s responsibility.
The approximate value of the two day conference bursary for 2019 is $459.00. Payments will be made by PAVRO directly to the conference committee. These bursaries are non-refundable, non-transferable and shall have no cash value to the recipients.
Applications are due by January 15, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by February 1, 2019 or earlier in order to register for conference.
Eligibility Criteria and Guidelines for Bursaries
- Applicants must be individual PAVRO members in good standing who would otherwise not be able to attend because of the cost.
- Applicants must not have received financial support from PAVRO within the previous two years.
- Applicants must be available to attend the entire conference and attend all sessions they register for.
- Applicants must complete an application form, including a statement of how the conference will assist them in their position.
- Completed applications forms must be submitted no later than January 15, 2019.
- Members of the Board of Directors and/or Chairs of Board Committees are not eligible to apply for Professional Development bursaries during their tenure, or within six months of their resignation.
- All PAVRO policies, by-laws and procedures shall direct decision-making
- To download our application click Here